Chef Matthew Phillip has grown naturally into the role as Executive Chef at Shaughnessy Restaurant with the grass roots of progression and his passion for the culinary arts.
Taste The Garden
Every week Shaughnessy will be creating dishes with ingredients from Vancouver’s very own botanical garden. Produce, botanicals, and herbs will be highlighted in a variety of dishes to inspire what local, urban, and sustainable cuisine can look like.
The program sees 75% of VanDusen's harvested produce go to Gathering Place Community Centre. The other 25% is provided to Chef Matthew at Shaughnessy Restaurant and in return, we will be making a monetary donation to the Vancouver Neighbourhood Food Networks.
Preserved lemon cucumber, goat cheese, sheep’s sorrel, toasted sunflower seeds, crispy quinoa, lemon grass & thyme vinaigrette
Rosemary Rack of Lamb
Garden courgette & patty pan ragout, olive oil crushed potato, crispy onion, mint jelly, natural jus
Warm potato & garlic scape salad, roasted corn, lemon cucumber preserve, lovage emulsion, sheeps sorrel
Cedar Plank Salmon
Kale and turnip chickpea fritter, smoked tomato relish
In Chefs Own Words
"Raised in the Lower Mainland, I am inspired by the culture and histories of people from around the world, and a firm believer in working with what you have available to you. I have built a team who aspires to challenge our culinary repertoire prepared in-house. My dishes are 'gardenesque' and designed to celebrate the flavours of British Columbia’s seasons, harvested from the gardens of VanDusen Botanical Garden."